Galtee picked up chewing gum on his leg–from under the table at The Lazy Dog Cafe yesterday. I didn’t notice it until he got home!
Chewing gum may contain Xylitol which is toxic if ingested by dogs. And there was a disgusting large lump of it on his leg, so he obviously didn’t try to eat it. At least I didn’t have to worry about that!
A pox on the moron who threw it under the table!
In the past I have used Goo Gone to remove chewing gum and beach tar from his paws, but recently read that Coconut oil is a better alternative.
With about eighty-percent of Galtee’s cooperation, I went to work with latex gloves, a flea comb, and Coconut Oil. It took quite a few minutes to remove the disgusting mass of a moron’s saliva stained chewing gum from Galtee’s fur; the Coconut Oil worked and had a much more pleasant smell that the Goo Gone!
I will do an “under the table inspection” before Galtee ever sits down under another table!
It’s true–Coconut Oil is a great remedy to remove chewing gum from fur!